The school is organised into three sections: Kindergarten, Cambridge IGCSE® and International Certificate French Foreign Language PDF, and Secondary. Each section has a Head of Section.
Recommended by Cambridge International Examinations.
A grammar-led approach with extensive exam preparation to help you develop independent, culturally aware students of French, ready for their exam.
– Develops students’ ability to use French effectively with up-to-date content following a clear sequencing of topics designed specifically for teaching French at this level
– Stretches and challenges students to achieve their best grades and ensures the progression required for further study at A-level or equivalent
– Provides insight and encourages the cultural awareness at the heart of this qualification, with topics on Francophone culture integrated throughout
The book is written to the latest Cambridge International Examinations syllabus by experienced teachers with an extensive use of French to reflect the style of the exams. It is designed to develop spontaneous, confident linguists who are able to progress to further study of French.
« The book sums up what Cambridge IGCSE expects of its candidates and it would help the teachers to prepare the students fully for the examination. I particularly like the exam corner pages as they give students exam type exercises that allow the students to see their mistakes. » T. Ndlovu, Falcon College, Zimbabwe.
This material is recommended by Cambridge International Examinations in the resource list for the Cambridge IGCSE French (0520) and International Certificate Level 1/Level 2 French (0685) syllabuses as a valuable teaching resource for very able, well-motivated learners with a good level of English.
– Teacher Guide + audio-CD (ISBN 9781444180985) includes all recordings and transcripts together with detailed guidance, editable vocabulary lists, cultural PowerPoints and interactive activities
– Grammar Workbook (ISBN 9781444180954)
– Vocabulary available online at Vocab Express, an interactive learning application. Visit www.vocabexpress.co.uk/hodder for more information.
– Authentic language videos and exercises available to support this course at This is Language: www.thisislanguage.com/partners/publishers/hodder
The Cambridge School also has a sixth form. The Cambridge School Doha was founded in 2001 and opened in September 2002 with under 300 students. In 2003, The school started to offer IGCSE followed by A Level in 2005. The school inducted its first ever group of prefects in May 2003.
Cambridge International School for Girls, established in 2004 with the primary objective of providing education for girls. CISG provides the National Curriculum for England and Wales, delivered in English by mostly native speakers. In 2008, Taleb Group took over the management of the schools. The management of the schools which was previously carried out by the GEMS Education of the Varkey Group, were undertaken by the Taleb Group. The Cambridge School Doha offers the National Curriculum for England with the addition of Arabic and Islamic Studiesfor students from Kindergarten up to Year 9.
GradeT3-9 are also provided Qatar History. The main subjects taught in school consist in three levels: Core, Foundation, and Additional Subjects. Core subjects include English, Mathematics, Science, and ICT. The Cambridge School Doha offers a Sixth Form for students in Years 12 and 13 since 2005.