Table of Contents
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – Cloud Data Security: Cyera has emerged from stealth mode with $60 million in funding to lead a “data-first revolution in cloud security.” The financing was led by Sequoia Capital, alongside Accel, and Cyberstarts. René Bonvanie, CMO Emeritus of Palo Alto Networks, also participated in the financing and joined the board, Cyera said.
3. Funding – FinTech Security: Effectiv has raised a $4 million seed funding round, led by Accel with participation from REV. Effectiv develops a no-code risk management platform for mid-sized banks, credit unions, fintechs and financial institutions.
4. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Infopercept has launched a new Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) service.
5. Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA): Vulcan Cyber has joined MISA, an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers. The Vulcan Cyber risk management platform platform now integrates with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
6. Partnership – Government Threat Detection and Response: immixGroup, the public sector practice of Arrow Electronics, has partnered with Axellio to promote threat detection and response solutions into the government sector.
7. Partnership – AWS Managed Cloud Firewall Service: Palo Alto Networks has unveiled a new Cloud NGFW for AWS—a fully managed Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) service.
8. Talent – Network Automation, Security and Management: BackBox has named:
- Pete Morrison as VP of sales;
- Thierry Guenoun as EMEA regional sales director; and
- Jonathan Moore as VP of marketing.
9. Talent – Third-Party Cyber Risk Intelligence: Black Kite has hired former Gartner analyst Jeffrey Wheatman as senior VP and cyber risk evangelist.
10. Free Remote Access Software: Banyan Security has introduced Team Edition, a no-cost version of the company’s Zero Trust Remote Access platform available for up to 20 users.
11. SonicWall Momentum: SonicWall announced multiple growth milestones, though the security company did not disclose actual annual revenue or profit dollar figures. The company has been private equity owned since 2016. Rumors about a potential SonicWall company sale surfaced in mid-2021.
12. Election Officials Targeted: Hackers are targeting election officials with phony invoices, Bloomberg reports.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar