Coronavirus updates: MD Now is offering free flu shots at all of its Florida locations in an effort to prevent co-infection with COVID-19.
| Palm Beach Post
With flu season about to begin and COVID-19 still circulating, MD Now Urgent Care is offering free flu shots at all of its Florida locations to people who do not have health insurance.
The offer applies to the seasonal quadrivalent flu shot, which regularly costs $40.
MD Now has 18 locations in Palm Beach County.
More: Growth of coronavirus cases in Palm Beach County flat-lining, not dipping
The CDC recommends that all people six months of age and older get a yearly flu vaccine.
Getting a flu shot is more important than ever amid the novel coronavirus pandemic, said Jeffrey Collins, MD NOW’s Chief Medical Officer.
“Since it is possible to contract the flu and COVID-19 at the same time, we suggest that people protect themselves the best they can,” Collins said. “We felt it was important to offer the vaccine for free this year to help avoid co-infections and prevent an additional burden on hospitals and first responders who are already overwhelmed.”
No appointment is necessary, and customers can check-in online at MDNOW.com. All locations are physician-led, and have additional safety measures in place to meet CDC guidelines, MDNow said.
Vaccines will be available while supplies last. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. The offer is not valid for Medicare patients.
All MD Now locations are open seven days a week, year-round.
Here are the 18 locations in Palm Beach County:
- 1697 W Indiantown Rd. # 2 Jupiter
- 9060 N Military Trl. Palm Beach Gardens
- 2534 PGA Blvd. Palm Beach Gardens
- 2606 S Dixie Hwy. West Palm Beach
- 2007 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. West Palm Beach
- 4714 Okeechobee Blvd. West Palm Beach
- 6868 Forest Hill Blvd. Greenacres
- 4570 Lantana Rd. Lake Worth
- 11551 Southern Blvd. Ste 4 Royal Palm Beach
- 7035 Beracasa Way Ste. 105 Boca Raton
- 2181 N. Federal Highway Boca Raton
- 1200 Yamato Road Ste. A7 Boca Raton
- 7600 W. Camino Real Boca Raton
- 2272 N. Congress Ave Boynton Beach
- 6699 W Boynton Beach Blvd. Boynton Beach
- 1625 S. Federal Hwy. Boynton Beach
- 601 Linton Blvd. Delray Beach
- 14701 S Military Trl. Delray Beach
• Kona Ice for first responders: Palm Beach Gardens-based Tire Kingdom treated more than 225 doctors, nurses, therapists and staff at St. Mary’s Medical Center and Palm Beach Children’s Hospital to Kona Ice last month to thank them for their service to the community amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.
The company then made a stop at Quantum House to visit with children and their families.
Quantum House provides temporary lodging for families whose children are being treated for serious medical conditions. Tire Kingdom and parent company TBC Corporation are longtime supporters of the social services organization.
“Frontline workers at St. Mary’s Medical Center, Palm Beach Children’s Hospital and Quantum House continue to put their own lives at risk helping others,” said Erik R. Olsen, President & CEO of TBC Corporation.” They are true superheroes. I am proud of our team’s efforts to give back to the community.”