Press release content from Accesswire. The AP news staff was not involved in its creation.
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / October 12, 2020 / Compare-autoinsurance.org ( https://compare-autoinsurance.org ) has released a new blog post that presents several efficient ways to get cheaper auto insurance.
For more info and free car insurance quotes online, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/10-ways-in-which-a-driver-can-save-for-car-insurance
Insurance expenses can rise to several thousand dollars per year. It all depends on several factors, including the model of the vehicle, driving experience and history, coverage limits, annual mileage, and so on. Drivers can get better rates if they:
- Bundle policies. A person can easily bundle car insurance with homeowners/renters/condo insurance and earn a valuable discount. When completing online questionnaires, the user is asked if he owns the home/apartment where he/she lives. If the user owns it, he will be provided with a bundle option. In some cases, a person can save as much as 20% simply by bundling coverage.
- Use multi-vehicle plans. Covering multiple vehicles under the same insurer will also be financially rewarding. Multi-vehicle plans also provide a discount. The value of the discount is directly proportional to the number of insured vehicles.
- Carefully select the value of the deductibles. It is up to the policyholder to set deductibles. The usually recommended value is $500, for both comprehensive and collision coverage. However, the policyholder can choose higher values and lower the overall premiums.
- Drop unnecessary coverage on older cars. If the car is older than 10 years, keeping full coverage is likely to make the owner overpay. Since a car’s value diminishes over time, keeping full coverage for cars older than 5-6 years can lead to unnecessary costs.
- Keep a clean driving record. Whenever a person tries to obtain online quotes, he will be asked for claims