LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The new Automotive Crash Test Dummies Market Research from Technavio indicates Negative and Inferior growth in the short term as the business impact of COVID-19 spreads.
“One of the primary growth drivers for this market is the emergence of autonomous and connected vehicles,” says a senior analyst for the Consumer Discretionary industry at Technavio. In recent years, automobiles have witnessed notable automation such as automatic door lock system, automatic heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, automatic wiper systems, and automatic transmission system. This development in the automotive industry has paved the need for vehicles that are completely autonomous. However, connected vehicles and autonomous vehicles need to be tested in different accident scenarios. These testing methods require crash test dummies for analyzing the impact, which, in turn, will augment the growth prospects of this market. As the markets recover Technavio expects the automotive crash test dummies market size to grow by USD 4.06 million during the period 2020-2024.
Get detailed insights on the COVID-19 pandemic Crisis and Recovery analysis of automotive crash test dummies market. Download free report sample
Automotive Crash Test Dummies Segment Highlights for 2020
- The automotive crash test dummies market is expected to post a year-over-year growth rate of -5.87%.
- Male crash test dummies dominated the market in 2019.
- The concept of automotive crash testing was adopted from military vehicle or aircraft crash testing. Therefore, most existing crash test dummies are physically fit male crash test dummies.
- However, the increasing average weight of a male across the world has compelled the automotive crash test dummies manufacturers to design and develop different types of male dummies that vary in body structure.
- The use of such dummies has increased the demand for crash test dummies in this segment. Therefore, market growth in this segment will be